Weyburn, Regina – Organizers of the Regina Rally Against the Carbon Tax have put out the final details for the convoy leading to and through Regina the morning of April 4, and it’s going to be a big one. Hundreds of units have registered their intended participation, and the maps show participation from several directions coming into Regina.
The entire package can be downloaded as a pdf file on the right, where it says, "Details on convoy and Regina Rally Against the Carbon Tax on April 4."
Alternatively, most of the pages in that pdf have been included as graphics at the top of this story.
Regina Police Service had previously requested that convoy participants place a sign indicating "CONVOY" in the lower part of their windshield so they don't get tickets from red light cameras. See further details on convoy signs here. You can also download it on the right, where it says, "Convoy windshield sign"
These are the key points
• This is a peaceful rally and we ask that everyone participating respect each other, and everyone else on the roads and streets.
• Safety is our utmost concern, we want to see everyone arrive at the Queensbury Convention Center safely as well as make it home safely at the end of the day.
• Ensure all Emergency vehicles have the right of way. Follow the vehicle in front at all times and if they are pulling over it could be due to emergency vehicles so please follow their lead.
• Communications: Two way radio channel: LADD2 and CB Radios will be on Channel #19
• All personnel participating in the convoy are asked to remain off of the roadway when vehicles may be marshaled in preparation to start the convoy.
- All vehicles are to follow police and Provincial Combined Traffic Services Saskatchewan (CTSS) directions as well as follow all traffic laws.
It would be best to arrive at the marshaling points with plenty of time to spare before departure. Pack a lunch and probably a snack, because once rolling, there aren’t any planned stops until the outside of Regina.
The marshalling points, and their departure times are as follows:
- Carnduff: Fast Trucking, 5:30 a.m.
- Estevan: East Industrial Park (south of Finning and Cervus Peterbilt), 7 a.m.
- Estevan Truck Convoy will marshal in the Industrial Park along Shand Road, Frontier Street, Schneider Street, and Mehler Drive in various yards made available for the rally.
- These yards include: KRJ, Pongo (X2), Finning, Lavoie, CSC, Custom Truck Kenworth, Black Diamond, Skylift, Prairie Rat Hole, and Cervus Peterbilt.
- Trucks will depart heading North across Highway #18 and onto Highway #39 of the Estevan Bypass, around the City and then merging onto Highway #39 North towards Weyburn and Regina.
- Arcola: Co-op on Highway 13, 7 a.m.
- Carlyle / Arcola Truck Convoy will marshal at the Arcola Coop along Highway #13.
- Vehicles will East onto Highway #13 and proceed towards Weyburn
- Weyburn: 22nd Avenue (south of the city, facing eastbound), 8 a.m.
- Weyburn Convoy will marshal along 22nd Avenue South entering off of Highway #35 and parking facing east starting at Highway #39 and working back. If additional space is required trucks will marshal along Evanston Drive off of 22nd Avenue and wrap around up back up to 22nd Avenue.
- Weyburn Convoy will pull out as directed by the RCMP onto Highway #39.
- The Weyburn RCMP will control this intersection
- Vehicles will head NW on Highway #39 through City of Weyburn
- Davidson: Stone Farms, 1 mile north of Western Sales John Deere at Davidson. 7:30 a.m.
- Regina: Cara Dawn Transport (north of the Regina landfill), 9:30 a.m.
- North Regina / Cara Dawn Parking Areas for overnight and marshaling.
- Can park at Cara Dawn Yard located at 1512 Fleet Street North or at K+K Ventures on Culver Avenue. NOTE: be sure to include North in the address when looking it up on your GPS, because there is a similar address in a residential subdivision.
- North Regina / Cara Dawn Truck Convoy will proceed from Cara Dawn yard around to Regina Bypass and marshal vehicles along the shoulder of the South bound lanes up to Highway #33.
- Vehicles will merge onto Highway #33 along side the convoy vehicles already proceeding into the City of Regina.
- Vehicles will head NW on Highway #33, Arcola Avenue, Saskatchewan Drive, North on Lewvan, Right into Queensbury Downs through the City of Regina
- At Highway 33 and the Regina bypass, vehicles will merge into right traffic lane along convoy vehicles already proceeding into the City of Regina.
- Regina: traffic from points west:
- Western vehicles can make their way south on Highway #6 turning east onto Township Road 0162. At Range Road 2190, turn North and stop at highway #33 and wait for Provincial CTSS direction to proceed.
- Regina: traffic from points south:
- Southern vehicles will turn east just before Rowatt, Sask onto Township Road 0162. At Range Road 2190, turn North and stop at Highway #33 and wait for Provincial CTSS direction to proceed.
- Edge of Regina, where the convoys will converge: RM of Sherwood, Township Road 0162 and RM of Edenwold Range Road 2190, 10:30 a.m.
Entering and progress through Regina:
- The convoy will enter Regina on Highway 33 northwest-bound. It becomes Arcola Avenue and then Saskatchewan Drive.
- Convoy traffic to remain in the left lane to allow for north convoy traffic to merge into right lane at the Regina Bypass Intersection. Will proceed through Regina in two lanes where possible until after crossing Elphinstone Street where convoy will merge back into one lane to prepare to enter the Queensbury Downs.
- Vehicles will proceed into City of Regina as directed by the Regina City Police and the Provincial CTSS (Combined Traffic Services Saskatchewan).
- Highway 33, Arcola Avenue, Saskatchewan Drive, turning North on Lewvan Drive and then Right onto 11th Avenue arriving at Queensbury Downs Parking Lot.
- Follow parking attendants direction to get vehicles pulled in and parked.
- Follow all parking attendant direction to expedite parking of vehicles so we can get trucks into the facility and off of City streets as efficiently as possible.
- Overflow parking: Vehicles will proceed to the overflow parking as directed by the Regina City Police and the Provincial CTSS (Combined Traffic Services Saskatchewan).
- Shuttle Busses and Vans will be available to shuttle people to and from the Queensbury Downs.
- On Departure all Heavy trucks have to exit through 11th Avenue onto Lewvan Drive.
- Heavy Vehicles will proceed back towards Lewvan Drive and head north or South out of the City of Regina.
- Light vehicles only will be allowed to exit through the eastern exit onto Elphinstone Street.
- Light vehicles may exit onto Lewvan Drive as well.