Estevan fire crews were working alongside the 737 Volunteer Fire Department earlier this week.
The call for mutual aid came in on Monday at about 11:30 a.m. The report stated that there was a structure fire south of Bromhead. The fire was occurring at an oilfield battery site.
"Crews responded with one engine. We arrived on scene to begin suppression operations. There were a few hazards that we had to take into considerations, as it was a worksite," said Estevan Fire Chief Dale Feser.
The structure turned out to be a double occupancy office-type oilfield trailer, and propane tanks were attached to it. Firefighters were able to safely cool down the tanks preventing them from exploding.
Once that was done, fire crews could proceed with suppressing the trailer fire.
"When we arrived on the scene the building itself was already a complete loss," Feser said.
After the fire was brought under control, firefighters switched to checking the area to ensure there were no other small hotspots remaining.
"At that time the scene was turned back over to the oilfield company staff that was on site."
There were no occupants in the trailer at the time, and nobody was hurt or injured.
Firefighters conducted an investigation and found that a secondary electrical heating appliance was the cause of the fire.
Estevan fire crews spent about five hours dealing with the fire.
The 737 Volunteer Fire Department is comprised of the RM of Souris Valley No. 7 and the RM of Lomond No. 37.